Job Contact: JENNIFER SIMPSON - HR RECRUITING MANAGER
At ET Transport, we provide innovative transportation solutions custom-tailored to the needs of our customers. Reliable, safe and timely delivery of cross-border shipments to clients' satisfaction is our top priority. ET Transport has consistently achieved industry leadership with a proven reputation for superior transportation services. In that, we rely on our dedicated team of professional drivers contributing to the success and growth of ET Transport.
We are looking for three full-time Long-Haul Flatbed Truck Drivers to join our growing Flatbed Division to start as soon as possible.
Long-Haul Flatbed Truck Driver will be responsible for operating a heavy flatbed truck to transport goods and materials. This job is mobile and physically demanding, requiring a regular crossing of inter-jurisdictional boundaries, working outdoors/all-weather, driving long hours, and being on the road for extended periods. The job duties are:
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from the customers' locations.
- Ensure the shipments arrive in a secure and timely manner.
- Properly inspect the vehicle, trailer, and load (ensuring load is secure and safe) daily, before, during, and after each trip.
- Maintain eLog driver logs and complying with driving rules and regulations at all times.
- Assist with loading and unloading shipments (up to 45 kg or 100 lbs) at warehouse facilities, including shunting trucks in our yard.
- Communicate using onboard communication devices with customers, dispatch, safety and compliance, and other drivers.
- Conduct minor repairs in the field (fuses, bulbs, batteries).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, full-time, employee (approximately 70 hours per week), early morning, morning, day, evening, shift, weekend, night
LANGUAGE OF WORK: English
SALARY: CAD$ 24.04 per hour, paid wait time, layovers, and extra pick-ups, or CAD$ 0.63 per mile (employee's choice)
BENEFITS: Health Benefits Program and Safety Bonuses
VACATION: Two weeks (14 calendar days) of vacation time in a year
START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION OF WORK: 500 Creditstone Road, Concord, Ontario, L4K 3Z3, Canada. Regular crossing of inter-jurisdictional boundaries (Canada-United States) will be required (mobile position).
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Some secondary school, valid driving school (or equivalent) certification
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: 0-6 months of truck driving experience
- Valid AZ License (or ability to obtain based on current credentials)
- Ability to enter and leave the United States of America
- Clean Criminal Record Search
- Pre-employment Substance Screening
- Experience with GPS (Global Positioning System)/Navigation Systems
- Documentation: Complete Driver Logbook, Bills of Lading, Pre and Post-Trip Inspections, Maintenance and Repair reports, Accident and Incident Reports.
- Equipment: Oversee the condition of a vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment as per regulations. Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
- Load Securement: Tarping, strapping, chaining, etc.
- Travel: Plan routes and travel schedules. Abide by international regulations overseeing driver logs.
- Communications: Be able to communicate clearly with customers, dispatchers, safety and compliance, and other drivers.
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 3
CONTACT INFORMATION: Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention to Jennifer Simpson, Manager of Human Resources/Recruiting. ET Transport (aka 2063940 Ontraio Inc.) business address: 500 Creditstone Road, Concord, Ontario, L4K 3Z3, Canada. More information about our company and services are available at https://www.ettransport.ca/500 CREDITSTONE ROAD
CONCORD, ON L4K 3Z3